Monday, December 20, 2010

Ba Humbug!

Look at that, one week in and I'm already slacking. Really it's just been a crazy week. Chloe still hasn't been sleeping. I'm super tired and the last thing I've wanted to do is be on the computer. I'm trying to figure out Christmas stuff, and have been running around shipping parcels and buying gifts.

I'm not particularly fond of Christmas. If it weren't for my husband being obsessed with Christmas I'd probably just skip the holiday and continue on with my year. But having Chloe means I need to get into the Christmas spirit, so I'm trying, but inside I'm failing miserably. I don't entirely know why I dislike Christmas so much. When I was a kid my parents always went overboard on Christmas and we always were quite spoiled. My parents divorced when I was eight and after that Christmas was always spent at one place or the other. I never really liked that. Then we moved to Michigan and we'd spend Christmas with my mom's side of the family. That's a whole mess I won't even get into on the internet, but suffice to say, I'd rather just skip the holiday all together than deal with my grandmother's holiday criticism. Now I live eight hours away, my husband works retail, and we can't leave town during Christmas.

Chloe went to meet Santa this past weekend. It went well. She didn't really seem to mind at all. I'm sure next year will be a whole different story. Here's a quick pic, then it's back to gift wrapping for me!

3 comments:

  1. Argh! I tried responding twice earlier. Hopefully this one sticks!

    I can't blame you for your feelings about Christmas after what you've been through. And this might not be that turn-everything-around Christmas. But one of the great joys of becoming a parent is that second chance to go through childhood and do it the way you wish yours had gone.

    Our older daughter is about two and a half. *This* is the Christmas we've been waiting for. She and Daddy are downstairs making cookies for Santa while I'm nursing Fynnie and getting her ready for bed. Yeah, it should have been done already, but hey!, we just got the shopping finished and the tree decorated today. We understand hectic in this household, lol.

    Hugs and Merry(ish) Christmas,

    Shan :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shan! I think I'm actually doing pretty good this year. It's nice being home with my hubby and baby and relaxing and doing things our way. This year is the first year we've really done this and it's actually quite wonderful. I may be a Christmas convert.

    Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete