Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

Happy New Year! I can't believe 2010 is over with. In some ways it dragged on, but since August it's flown past and we're already starting 2011. I'm not one for new year resolutions. It's never been my thing as usually I'm dedicated for about a week and then I'm over it. But I've got a few little things in the back of my mind.

2010 was a year of love for me. Meeting my baby girl on August 10th and falling in love with her immediately was astonishing. It was a new kind of love I have never experienced before and it almost scared me a little. I had no idea that after kissing her for the first time I would be so hooked. I always knew I would love her, but that it happened so fast was pretty amazing. It still brings happy tears to my eyes sometimes when I look at her. The other night after her bath, I swaddled her up and nursed her, then we read Goodnight Moon. She was awake through the story and after the last line I put the book down, gave her a kiss on the forehead and she fell asleep. It was too perfect for words. She's precious, I'm obsessed.

I also found out there is a new kind of love for your husband when you have a baby. I of course knew I loved the man, after all I married him! But seeing him as a father moved me. Watching him be so gentle and careful with Chloe when she was a newborn, worrying about the things I worried about (and some that I didn't - which made it even more sweet), having his little moments of her. I love when he would fall asleep on the couch with her. I would sit there staring at them incase someone moved and I needed to catch a baby, but it was adorable. She'll snuggled right up on his chest and just pass right out, I can't blame her, I do the same thing when I can! There's something special about that moment you have with your spouse after you've put the baby to bed, and you walk into the hallway and look at each other. A sense of relief and accomplishment that another day has ended on a good note, and that spark of love you feel for that person for their commitment, hard work and love for you and your family.

I'm so excited to see what 2011 has in store for us. I'm sure we'll be thrown our challenges and have to clear some obstacles, but we'll make it through and come out stronger. We've done it all these other years. Watching Chloe grow this year is going to be unbelievable. To think that she'll be one in eight months! She grows and changes everyday. Sometimes I just want her to stay small, but that would be boring. It's way to exciting knowing that each day we'll learn something new and keep building memories. If you had asked me at the beginning of 2010 if I thought the year would end with me feeling this way I would've said no way, but it has and it's perfect. I'm so blessed for the amazing people I have around me to make me finally feel content and happy in the skin I'm in.

1 comment: