Monday, January 31, 2011

In a Rut

I've been in a rut the last week or so. I've finally got Chloe on a schedule and you'd think that would make more time for me to get things done and be productive right? Nope. I've been lazier than ever. I've still made meals and done baby things, but my house is a disaster. There are baskets of unfolded clean laundry in our room, the stove is dirty, the stairs and floor need vacuumed, etc. But I just don't have the energy to do it. I want to nap about as much as ever and just relax. I feel like we've been go go go all the time and now that I actually know what is happening I just want to sit back and breathe. I need to get myself together. Hopefully I'll gain some motivation this week.

Some days I feel guilty. There are days when I think about how nice it would be to have one day, or even a half day, with no responsibility. Where I could just lay in bed and sleep uninterrupted, go where I want, and have a very large cocktail. I love my girl more than anything in the world, but I'm feeling worn down.

On a happier note, check out my friend Carson's blog at, http://eatingaroundtheglobe.blogspot.com/. For the rest of the year he's going to make a few meals several times a week each from a different country around the world. I'm really excited to see what he makes and try some of the recipes!

1 comment:

  1. I think what you're describing is perfectly normal. It was only a few weekends ago that I came down in the morning, was able to put Fynn down(!!) and... do some dishes (yea!). But there had been a few weekends prior to *that* during which I put her down (or gave her to Daddy) and then ran back upstairs for some extra Z's or some free time on the computer where I *wasn't* hunched over Fynn (unlike this very minute). Your wishes and daydreams shouldn't cause you any worry. You *are* a very good mama.

    Hugs,

    Shan :+)
    PS I'm glad to see you're back.

    ReplyDelete