Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"That" Patient

I'm starting to think I may be becoming "that" patient at the doctors office. You know, the one that calls whenever she thinks something is up? That is always worried about her baby. Maybe it's being a FTM, I'm not sure.

For the last almost three months I feel like I've been taking Chloe to the doctor constantly because something is wrong with her. First they told me she was colicky. I thought that was not true. I've been around colicky babies, and I've read a ton about them, and really she wasn't acting colicky. It all started just before Thanksgiving when we moved Chloe from the newborn napper portion of her pack n' play to laying in the regular bassinet. She stopped sleeping through the night at that point and we chalked it up to her just being in a new sleeping position. Then she started waking even more. Everybody said it was the four month growth spurt. Then wonder weeks, then they said colic again. She was waking up in pain and I knew it, but the doctors kept acting like I was crazy.

Finally we went back again last week. They diagnosed her with GERD but did not want to try medication right away. So we tried having her sleep on an incline. That didn't go so well. She didn't really sleep very well. She does not like to sleep in a swing or in her bouncer so we inclined her crib. The doctor decided yesterday that we will try her on Zantac and see how that goes. Last night I didn't notice a difference, but so far tonight she's been asleep for almost three hours! I really hope this helps. I hate to watch her suffer and wake up screaming in pain.

Playgroup this week wasn't too exciting. There were only four babies including Chloe and she was showing off her magnificent shriek. It's the worst sound ever. It made the other babies cry. There was a new baby in the group, an adorable eight month old little boy. His poor mama looked exhausted and stressed, I wanted to give her a hug. I totally know how she feels.

I started a facebook photo album where I'm going to post a picture of Chloe every day for 365 days. I'm really hoping I can do this. I think I'll also post the pictures here, there won't always be a post but at least I can share her cuteness!

Here's day one. Blowing bubbles while sitting on daddy's lap!

Chloe & Daddy

Oh and Wednesday Winter blog hop!

http://snackbarreviews.blogspot.com/p/special-thanks.html

2 comments: